This tour will be tailor-made to suit the needs of your particular group so please contact us.
The itinerary of your tour is flexible, you can also combine a visit of the archeological sites of Pompeii with a city tour of Naples or the national museums of Naples and make it a full day tour!
The 3rd largest city in Italy full of history, character and typical Neapolitan traditions and many things to see and do even though this city will surprise you in so many ways:
· Spaccanapoli, or Via San Biagio, is the main street that divides Naples and is the heart of the historic center. Teeming with people, the street holds many interesting churches, shops, and other buildings. Originally the heart of the Greek and Roman city, the Spaccanapoli district is a string of narrow, winding streets and is mainly a pedestrian zone so it’s a fun place to wander around.
· Via San Gregorio Armeno, off Via San Biagio, is famous for its nativity workshops and stores.
· Via dei Tribunali, another street in old Naples, has arcades dating back more than 1000 years.
· Napoli Sotterranea - piazza San Gaetano. This is a fascinating guided tour down and through a Greco-Roman aqueduct into an example of the huge cisterns used to supply fresh water to the palaces and villas above.
· The Duomo is a 13th century Gothic cathedral dedicated to Naples’s patron saint, San Gennaro. A huge festival is held when a vial of his blood is taken out of its storage place in hopes that it will liquefy.
· Things to do are many starting from the National Archaeological Museum of Naples which has one of the world's best collections of Greek and Roman antiquities, including mosaics, sculptures, gems, glass and silver, and a collection of Roman erotica from Pompeii. Many of the objects come from excavations at Pompeii and other nearby archaeological sites.
· Piazza del Plebiscito is the center of modern Naples.
· Palazzo Reale, the Royal Palace, is across the square (closed Wednesdays). Inside you can visit the restored rooms and royal apartments and visit the roof garden where there are good views of the bay.
· Via Toledo, a pedestrian street, is one of the main business and shopping streets.
· Castel dell'Ovo, the oldest castle in Naples, sits in a prominent position on the harbor and is used for exhibitions and concerts.
· Castel Nuovo, a huge castle erected in 1279-1282, houses the Civic Museum (closed Sundays). Inside are 14th-15th century frescoes and paintings, silver, and bronzes from the 15th century to present.
· Teatro San Carlo, known for its perfect acoustics, is the best place to hear opera in southern Italy. Opened in 1737, it's the world's oldest surviving opera house although it was rebuilt in 1816 after a fire.
· The Capodimonte Museum and Park, built as King Charles III's hunting lodge, houses one of Italy's richest museums with a great picture gallery and collection of majolica and porcelain. You can wander around the royal apartments and the surrounding park, too.
If you like you can also book our English speaking driver who will be happy to pick you up in Naples, then drives with you to the archeological sites of Pompeii or the Amalfi coast or wherever you wanna go to, before you catch your train back to Rome or get back to your cruise ship.
Request a Booking
We will personally contact you within 24 hours to confirm this booking.
Please e-mail us directly at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If known, please provide us with your hotel name and contact number (i.e. mobile phone) in Italy. Also, please inform us of any difficulties with mobility (i.e. wheelchair assistance, etc.)
Or...Click to call us
Italy: 348 734 1850
International (except USA): +39 348 734 1850
USA: (011) +39 348 734 1850
Whatsapp: 348 734 1850